Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Welcome Lavender Daye!

Thinking about Thursday

Welcome
 Lavender Daye 

From her website: Lavender was born and raised in Texas and began her writing career in elementary school, where she wrote about the romance of two fellow students. Now she writes with happily-ever-after in mind at all times, sure that every woman deserves a little fairy tale of her own.
Lavender's book debuts May 1st. 
I'm excited to have with us today. 

Let's get to know Lavender! 


Tell us about your book.

A young woman’s journey into a world she didn’t know existed.
Bound by Trust is the story of a young woman on an adventure. Kerri dresses up to go to a club, not knowing her friend is taking her to a BDSM hangout.  While waiting in line, she’s recognized by one of the attorneys from work, and he takes her into the private side of the club as his submissive—and she has no idea what that means until she gets inside with him.

Since you are writing erotic romance, what is your opinion of all the media attention the genre has received recently?

I think it’s great! Too many people disregard romance as a legitimate creative media but our authors are often on the cutting edge, and many of them write about BDSM. Maybe the media attention surrounding E L James’ Fifty  Shades of Gray will bring a few mainstream readers into the happily –ever-after world of romance. 

I love the tag line for your website: Fairy Tales for Smart Women. How did you come up with that? 

I’ve always loved fairy tales.  The handsome prince, the damsel in distress, an evil presence.  All are part of a great story.   Doesn’t  every woman want to be rescued by a prince and live happily ever after?   

What is your writing process like? Do you have a big plotting board with sticky notes or do you just sit down and write whatever comes out? 

I’m definitely a pantser!  I like to start each story with an interesting inciting incident involving the hero and heroine, followed by something a little unusual. Most of the time, I have a fairly clear direction I want the story to go. After that, I listen to the characters in my head. They don’t always follow the directions I give them, which makes for a surprising story.

What has been the best part of this journey for you? 

All the wonderful people I’ve met in the last few years. I’ve made new friends, learned a lot and found a world I enjoy living in.
Tell us about getting "The Call".

It took me a long time to actually send in my submission. Months of procrastinating followed by ten minutes of knit picking while I considered the send button. I sent it on Friday night, and Tuesday I had an email from Siren about publishing Bound by Trust.  My personal Prince Charming came running when I screamed his name, and gave me a big hug.
What's next for you? 

I’m working on a short series. The first book is a ménage, and the two sequels are BDSM, but they’re not quite finished.

Where can we find out more about you?

Thank you so much for visiting with us, Lavender! I happen to know Lavender in real life and she is great. 
What questions do have for her?

4 comments:

Teri Anne Stanley said...

Hmmm...interesting...verry, verry interesting.

How did you come up with your pen name? It totally works with the Fairy Tale theme!

Jen FitzGerald said...

My question is...are you going to make me buy a copy??

Just kidding!!

Lavender is one of my CPs--*of course* I'm going to BUY a copy!!!

So excited for you, girl. :)

Molly Cannon said...

Congratulations, Lavender! This is very exciting!

Clover Autrey said...

It's so thrilling to see a friend achieve their dreams like this. So happy for you.