Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Meeting My Idol

Thinking about Thursday


If my day goes as plan, I will spend this evening in the company of greatness! One of my dreams has always been to meet Judy Blume. I spent my adolescence engrossed in her books and tonight she is going to speaking in Dallas! 
SQEEE! 

 I hope to get a picture with her at the book signing afterward, but we are taking my daughters and it will really depend on how long the line is and how late it gets. I am just stupidly excited to get to be in the same room and hear her speak.

What about you? Who would you like to meet? If you had half an hour alone with your idol, what would you talk about? 

3 comments:

Jen FitzGerald said...

Way cool, Dawn. Hope you get a chance to meet her.

Who would I like to meet...good question. Lea Michele & Cory Montieth, I think. I'd probably just gush about how awesome I think they both are. On the other hand I might be too in awe to speak. :)

Teri Anne Stanley said...

O. M. G.
I am so jealous. Tell her I said "hi".
I was the most popular girl in the 8th grade for a while, because when Forever came out, my mom bought it for me, and I got to choose who to loan it to.
I think my mom bought it for me BECAUSE of the sex parts...she's a librarian, and there must have been some talk of whether or not our library would buy it. No book burning for my mommy!

C. A. Szarek said...

I met JR Ward last Sat at RT in Chicago and I went total fangirl. *sigh* I was so flustered I was saying "OMG she's TALKING to me" in my head and I forgot to ask her to sign my bookmark. *sigh*