Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spirited Anthology

Thinking about Thursday

Spirited 13 haunting tales
  
  

                             This isn't exactly a book review. Mostly because I'm pretty sure the prerequisite for reviewing a book is that you read it and you see that haunting cover above? I'm not sure I can read it!
                              I may write romantic suspense about creepy stalkers and chill-inducing serial killers, but ghost? Especially spirits of children? Um, no. They freak me out. Like, "can't wash my face because I am scared to close my eyes alone in the bathroom" FREAK me out. 

                              But, that being said, this would be a freak out for a good cause. 
From Amazon:
With this celebration of things that go bump in the night, Spirited authors hope to slay the specter of illiteracy that plague our youth. All proceeds from Spirited will be donated to 826 National, a non-profit organization that offers free after-school tutoring, workshops, and in-school programs because "strong writing skills are fundamental to future success."

So, I'm torn. Fight illiteracy or fight nightmares? 

What about you? Do you like ghost stories? Does your imagination ever run away with you even as an adult? What freaks you out? 

Be sure to come visit tomorrow for the 
FRIDAY PLOT SWAP~ SPIRIT STYLE!

I swallowed the heebie-jeebies in my stomach and found some plot-producing stories of the supernatural for you!

1 comment:

Teri Anne Stanley said...

You could just buy the book and not read it.

I don't mind a good ghost story, and the Bloody Mary in my mirror doesn't bother me tooooooo much.

But I will NOT watch a scary movie on TV or in the theater. (this does not include sexy vampire TV series or gory zombie series) I think I have PTSD from the trip we took to our local amusement parks Halloween Haunt thing. Danged monsters kept jumping out of the bushes at me.