Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Remembering The Good Old Days

Thinking about Thursday



Remembering The Good Old Days

Today, I am thinking about technology and how I ever lived without it. Sadly, my computer has come to the end of its cyber life. My personal IT consultant (who happens to be my husband) has given the professional opinion that my laptop is experiencing a fatal error and is not long for this world.

I am in the middle of a great online writing class. I have several author features coming up. I am starting a new shiny story!

AAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK! 

As I started panicking about having to use his computer or my phone while I wait for my new computer to arrive, I got to feeling a little nostalgic.  





These used to be my computer. 





 
This used to be how I kept up with my friends.








This was where I learned about writing ( and everything else).











Of course, this used to be how my hair looked

Warm fuzzy feeling gone! 

Anyone else feeling nostalgic today? Or what to share their worse fashion choice? 





2 comments:

Teri Anne Stanley said...

That is some fine hair, my friend! My boss and I were just reminiscing about the bad old days of using an actual typewriter to write our graduate theses. We also had to develop photographs in a dark room with actual developer and stuff. And use press-on letters for the figures. Wow. Interestingly, it takes me the same amount of time to fight with Photoshop to produce a good picture, but at least I can print it in color!

I do carry a journal around with me so I can transcribe all those flashes of brilliance that hit me while I wait for track practice to end. Unfortunately, when I use pen and paper, I can only come up with about 250 words an hour!

Dawn Alexander said...

Yeah, we were somewhere with my children once and a lady was taking pictures with a polaroid instant camera. She said something about running out of film and my oldest said, "Mama, what's film?"

Crazy!