Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Makeover Monday~ The Little Things



Makeover Monday

The Little Things

I didn't tackle any major organizing projects this week. I have one looming that I'm not quite ready to share. If I do get it done, we're having a virtual party. 
But, just so I didn't disappoint any faithful Makeover Monday followers, 
I thought I'd share some of the little things I've added to our house that make me way happier than they should. 

The first is this hook. 

I bought this forever ago to hang bags in my closet. It is supposed to fit over the door. Unfortunately, I have fat closet doors because this was too thin.  Last week, when I was doing the great kitchen shift. I remembered it. It fits perfectly over the cabinet door and holds my cutting boards right within reach. 

Second, is this basket.

I mentioned this basket in this post, but didn't really give it the attention it deserves. This is a charging station for my children's electronics. It hides a surge protector and gives them a place to store anything that needs a plug. No more scavenger hunt to find a lost mp3 player two minutes before leaving. 

And, last, this basket.

I got one of these for both of the girls when I redecorated their bathroom. They are wide enough to hold a regular-sized cup, toothbrush and toothpaste and they suction cup to the mirror. Why do I love them? They get all of the dental hygiene products off the counter and give them a neat, organized appearance. 

So, how about in your home? What little things give you a big smile? 



2 comments:

Teri Anne Stanley said...

OMG...I would have never thought to hang my cutting board...if I can find it, I'm going to get a hook for it.
As it is now, I use a tupperware lid, because someone "put the cutting board away." Probably in the dog's room or the master bath.

Marsha said...

I love the hanging-the-cutting- board idea too. I've got mine in a drawer and if the knives aren't in there just right, I can't close the drawer. I'm going to try this.
I love your Make-over Mondays posts. Inspiring.