Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Blocked

So, I am not doing so great.
First of all, I am 35 today. THIRTY-FIVE! 3-5. UGH. How did that happen? I was 24 just yesterday!

Second, I am not writing. I tried. I have over 15,000 words of a new manuscript and I just stopped. Stopped before I even got to the "good" part, which had inspired me in the first place. I feel like I am trying too hard.

My brain has become a cider block. I used to have three or four story lines a day running through my head. It was like having satellite channels in my mind. For the past couple of weeks, there has been nothing but static. Plenty of lights and noise to occupy my thoughts (Work, the house, my husband, the kids, my mother, school supplies, vet appointments,blah, blah blah,) But I feel like I am forcing any amount of words onto the paper and I don't like any of them.

I wonder if it is because I did decide to get serious about publication. Instead of just writing, like I always have, I am reading agent blogs, writer, blogs, email loops. I am overwhelmed by information about how to write instead of thinking of what to write. 

I am considering taking a week long break from all the blog reading and letting my brain decompress.

No comments: