Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Lucky Number 7

Tell Me Your Story Tuesday

I've been tagged!

The fabulous Jessica R. Patch tagged me in her 
Lucky 7 Meme
post on Monday. 
The rules are supposed to be: 
 
  1. Go to page 77 in my current manuscript
  2. Go to line 7
  3. Copy the next 7 lines/paragraphs and post them as they're written (no cheating!) 
  4. Pass the meme on to 7 other writers.

I struggled with this because I have several WIP going. Most of page 77s don't make any sense without some context. So, I cheated a bit. 
I went to the 7th document in my WIP file.
Which is only titled LUKE and picked page 7. 
So, here is what you get: 

 
    “A statement? A statement of what? I edited some pictures and somebody wants to kill me for it?” Gloria said.
   Luke crossed his arms. “David Buckner was picked up yesterday for allegedly beating his wife unconscious after their divorce hearing. During the hearing, she produced some very graphic pictures of him engaging in lewd acts with his secretary. Two hours after he was released on bond, he was dead.”
    “So, what do I do? Make a statement then go home so they can find my body when they come with my subpoena to testify?”
    “The department can protect you.”Luke said.
    “Like they protected me from Grigsby?”
    The familiar guilt pierced his heart. He dropped his gaze and walked to the door.
    “A lot has changed since then,” he said as he opened it.
    “Yeah, I can see that," she said. 

Wow,  it's hard to chose who to tag!  I am  going with:

And, ANYONE ELSE  who wants to play. I love reading these little snippets. SO, if I didn't tag you but you want to jump in, feel free! Let me know and I will pop over and read. 

 
 


4 comments:

Teri Anne Stanley said...

Ack! So then what happens?

Jessica R. Patch said...

Yes, then what happens!!! Great excerpt!

Unknown said...

I posted a comment earlier and I think Google ate it.

Really loved your post! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for the tag!

Dawn Alexander said...

Y'all are so sweet. :) What happens next is they get shot at, of course!
It is unfinished, but I can send it to you if want to read it. :)