Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Now what?

In a few hours it will be Dec. 1st, NaNoWriMo will officially be over. I met my goal with a few days to spare. I haven't gone back to look at my 50,000 words. I am letting them cool for a while. Amazingly, I really like my story and like what I wrote. I am not sure if it is "good" but I know it isn't "bad". I am alright with that.

But now I am stuck...
I don't know what to do next. I have a contest I really want to enter. Mostly, because it is judged by editors who offer feedback on a score sheet. I have no intentions of winning, but I would LOVE to hear the feedback.

The problem is I don't have anything near ready for submission. The deadline is Dec. 30th. I could probably throw something together in that time, but it would be just that, thrown together.

This is a super busy time of year at work. I am already WAY behind on grading. Dedicating more time to writing would just put me further behind... I won't even mention how high the laundry pile got in November or that I can't find my kitchen sink for all the mess.

But, I really want to enter this contest...

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

No comments: