Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Plot Swap

Dawn's Plot Swap
Have a plot? Leave one
Need a plot ? Take one
Last Plot Swap of 2011. I was looking for sweet stories to end the year. Each of these squeezed my heart.
 
Here is what I have for you:
 
This is a touching story of a woman who made an ornament and hung them on the trees in front of her house for all 434 Texans killed in Iraq. That leads my mind to a infinite amount of plots about the woman herself, the soldiers on her tree, their families, the people who pass by it everyday. So many possibilities. 
 
A Christmas card that crisscrossed the country as part of an old joke between two Texas men will rest this holiday for the first time in 61 years.

You can imagine the stories that would go along with this card? What these men have seen in those 61 years and the loyalty to keep the swap going that long? 
 
 A New Mexico woman gave birth in the front seat of a truck as it sped down an icy highway in a snowstorm.

Lots of plot to work with here, but it doesn't seem particularly touching until you read this part :
 
[The father] said his 3-year-old daughter, Renee, was "so good" during the whole ordeal and tried to comfort his wife through her labor pains by patting her on the head and telling her, "It's going to be OK." 
 
Now, if that doesn't make you go "ahhh". Well, I guess you are just stronger than I am.


So, swap with me one last time. What's got your mind working? Any sweetness or sadness going on in your world (the real one or imaginary)?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
 

2 comments:

Jessica R. Patch said...

Did yah hear about that mayor in MS that stole a ton of the city's money and during the investigation they found a receipt for a gay adult store in Canada, so out he came (b/c what choice did he have?) to the public...in MS??? The mayor that made Jay Leno's night show jokes?

Yeah, that's my mayor.

The real question here, though, is: What do gay adult stores in Canada have that we don't have in the states? That's what I think about. LOL

Dawn Alexander said...

How do I miss these things?!?!?

Off to look it up now.

And, by the way, I am not sure I am mature enough to research the answer to your question!