Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Plot Swap~ Musical Style

Dawn's Plot Swap
Have a plot? Leave one.
Need a plot ? Take one.
 We haven't had a musical swap in a while.

For some reason I got on a Drink and Dial Kick. :) 
 This is what I have for you this week: 


Last Call
Lee Ann Womack
I recognized your number,
It's burned into my brain,
Felt my heart beating faster,
Every time it rang.
Some things never change,
That's why I didn't answer.





My favorite line: 
I bet you're in a bar.
It's always the same old song.
That Johnny Walker Red,
By now it's almost gone.
But baby, I won't be there
To catch you when you fall.
I bet you're in bar
'Cause I'm always your last call


What do you want from me? 
Jerrod Niemann
Why’d you call me today with nothing new to say?
You pretend it’s just hello, but you know what it does to me to see your number on the phone.


My Favorite line: 

What do you want me to say?
That I’m content? That I’m on the fence? That I wish you would’ve stayed?
Oh baby what do you want, what do you want, what do you want from me?
To come here and make love tonight cause you’re feelin’ lonely.



Lips of an Angel
Jack Ingram
 Honey, why you calling me so late? It's kinda hard to talk right now. Honey, why you crying? is everything okay? I gotta whisper cause I can't be too loud Well, my girl's in the next room Sometimes I wish she was you I guess we never really moved on 


My favorite line:
Does he know you're talking to me? Will it start a fight?
No, I don't think she has a clue 

On Again Tonight
Trent Willmon

 I'm glad you picked up the phone.Yeah, I know that we both agreed,We'd leave each other alone.We're just wastin' our time,We know it ain't right.There's no goin' back, but havin' said that:




My Favorite line:
I don't expect things to change.
We've got to get on with our lives.
Space is a beautiful thing,
When you need some room.
I don't know about you, but I'm lonely right now:
I'm just thinkin' out loud.
 

So, swap with me. Any of your characters pulling a drunk and dial? 
What songs do you have going through your head this week? 
What would you make of these? 




2 comments:

Jessica R. Patch said...

I'm listening to Better than Gold by Kevin Daniel. I love this song and it reminds me so much of my hero, who's in love with his brother's girl and has been since he was 8!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGrloquXPg

"She's worth more than he sees, deserves someone who loves her, It's time I let her know, she's better than gold."

"All the beauty in this world doesn't compare doesn't come close to what she holds..."

Dawn Alexander said...

Great song, Jess.

Thanks for the suggestion.