Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

What I did on summer vacation...

Thinking about Thursday
So, school starts on Monday. Well, it starts for the kids on Monday. It started for me two weeks ago. Two weeks of sitting in meetings and being reminded why I never had the urge to join the corporate world.

I love teaching.
I hate meetings.

All and all, it was a good summer.

I spent a night sleeping on a  sloped floor, staring  at these guys, hoping the glass was as strong as we were told it was!



Swam in the ocean for the first time in my life. Prayed my friends from above didn't tag along!
And I got to go here!!!!!

So, what did you do on your summer vacation? If you didn't do anything, feel free to make something up. I won't judge.

3 comments:

Jen FitzGerald said...

So does that mean you're teaching...I thought you quit? Or was I mistaken and it was only for the summer...?

Dawn Alexander said...

Jen, you're right. I did resign from my position at the end of last year. Then an opportunity to start a new program in a new district was presented. So, I am working this year. It is only part-time though. So, hopefully, I will get some more writing time in!

Anonymous said...

Mine was a "stay"-cation. I stayed at my desk writing.