Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Answering my own questions

Thinking about Thursday

Who am I?

On Tuesday, I asked you to tell me about yourself. Today, I am telling about about me. I did this once before when I had I think, um, three followers or so. You can read it here.

My name is Dawn.I live in Texas. I write mystery and suspense with romantic elements. I have stopped saying romantic suspense because there is much more suspense than romance. I am working on that.

I love to read just about anything, except horror ('cause I am a big fraidy-cat and scary stuff can freak me out for weeks). Some of my favorite authors (other than those I have featured on this site) are Janet Evanovich, JD Robb (yes, I know it is really Nora Roberts) and I becoming a Suzanne Brockman fan. Evidently, I am addicted to using ( )'s.

I spend my day with teenagers. Weird irony, I couldn't wait to get out of high school and now I am perpetually stuck there. 

        I come home to an awesome husband, 
two terrific daughters




and my writing buddy, A one year old mix (of what, we aren't sure) who thinks the other side of my love seat is his. 
Old Picture. He is about 30 lbs heavier now!


And, finally, I am hard on electronics. I have managed to crash two hard drives at work and one personal computer in three years. In fact, the lack of pictures for this post is brought to you by my now defunct laptop. I finally got into my back up and pulled some of the pictures I wanted for this post. Wow, setting up a new computer is tedious!



5 comments:

Loree Huebner said...

Great to meet you, Dawn!

Teri Anne Stanley said...

I am glad that you are stepping into the Troubleshooter's zone!

I love that you write suspense but don't like horror...at one time, I would have thought they were kind of the same thing, but I find that I DO NOT LIKE SCARY MOVIES. I do, however, love a good blow 'em up movie (but mostly because the heroes tend to run around without shirts a lot). I'm with ya, sister!

Tressa Green said...

I don't like horror/scary stuff either! Alone in the dark living room one night as a kid, I accidentally saw The Exorcist on our old black and white console. The part where her head goes around... yeah. I'm still traumatized. Mystery with romantic elements is more my speed (for reading). :)

Jessica R. Patch said...

You wreck computers like I wreck vehicles! Thanks for sharing about yourself.

Dawn Alexander said...

Jessica~ Yes, I am hell on electronics and tennis shoes.

Tressa~ I had a very similar experience with The Exorcist. My 18 year old uncle was supposed to be watching me, but he was on the phone with his girlfriend and didn't know what I was watching on TV.Still have never seen the whole thing.

Teri~I am with you on the action movies. I will freely admit to liking the fast car movies too!

Loree~ Thanks for coming by!