Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Unsatisfying

2010 just wasn't my year...for anything. If you want an example of the sordid details, you can read my review of the summer here. But, basically, it was an unsatisfying year. --> I had the word "crappy", but put it into dictionary.com for a more civilized  word.

Unsatisfying is a perfect description.

Unsatisfying because I expected  more. Much, much more.

I knew the changes to my job would be challenging. I didn't expect them to be overwhelming to the point of (metaphoric) suffocation. 

I wanted to focus on my writing, but life, kids,my mother and other randomness pushed it aside.

And as I wrote earlier this month, I am still right here.

BUT WAIT!

Before you call me a therapist or click unfollow because "Wow, she is depressing."

I am confident it is going to get better.

I look at the possibilities before me for 2011 and I am beyond excited.

I have two manuscripts ready for the Great Expectations contest.
I am going to the DFW Writer's Workshop Conference.
and I may just quit my day job after reading this post by JM Tohline.

So, 2010 wasn't it for me. Not at all. But 2011 will be here in a few days. Bring it on!

Next Thursday, I will be listing my goals for 2011. Please drop by so you can hold me accountable later!

2 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Dawn -

2010 was a mixed bag for me. The ACFW Genesis Contest gave me excellent feedback, and I did better than I expected. I didn't get an agent or a contract...YET.

Like you, I'm looking forward to the New Year.

Merry Christmas,
Susan :)

Dawn Alexander said...

Hi, Susan! Thanks for stopping by! Here's to a good year for both of us!

Merry Christmas!