- The "Purple Ribbon" twitter group and all the other amazing people I met.
- The overall friendliness of EVERYONE there.
- Sandra Brown and her down-to-earth, conversational style, keynote address.
- Jennifer Talty's Synopsis writing class
- Anna DeStefano's class on plotting through characters.
- Party in the Black Hawk Room
- Gong Show . Roni wrote a great post about what the agents liked and hated.
- Reading through fifteen queries in 20 minutes and deciding what to accept or reject like an agent in Elana Roth's class. It really demonstrated how subjective the business can be.
- Romance Panel with Candace Havens, Anna DeStefano and Jenny Martin. Listening to the trends, changes and future of the business made my head swirl!
- Enjoying a great conversation with Weronika Janzcuk . Who is only NINETEEN and a literary agent in New York.
- The Gong show. You can read here about how Janet B. Taylor used what could have been a humiliating experience as a conversation opener. My heart hurts for those whose queries were not read past the first three sentences with over a 100 people in a room laughing. Is that not every writer's nightmare?
What about you? What moment of the weekend made you smile? What were your highlights and eye-openers? Were you as amazed as I was by the support and friendliness of everyone there?
Stop by tomorrow! I am adding a Find Me a Story Friday!